I love this commercial for really obvious reasons.
WHY HAVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF DOING THIS?!
OH MY GOOOOODDD YES.
(via thomasblu)Source: dextravis
HEY LOOK A GIVEAWAY
So yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people who don’t have 3DSes that really want one after E3, so here’s another chance to get one!
If you win, you’ll get a brand new 3DS in whatever color you want, plus a copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf~ (or whatever game you’d like if you’re not a fan)
- Reblog as many times as you’d like
- Likes count!
- And you don’t have to follow unless you want to
- No giveaway blogs please
- Shipping will be covered, you don’t have to worry about that
- Ends June 25th!
(via ivegotthetriforce)Source: earl-grey-girl
my dad told me that i’m not allowed to wear tank tops around the house because they make me look like a whore so I put on a floor length skirt and a sweater and I wrapped a scarf around my head and I put on gloves (so now none of my skin is showing except my face) and then i came back out and he’s really really angry but he doesn’t know how to phrase his anger he’s just sitting here fuming and I’m glaring at him I think I won this round
- Baking is methodical: Every measurement is precise, so you need to concentrate on only the baking when you’re doing it - in turn, clearing your head.
- Baking takes time: If you dedicate yourself to this activity, you’re setting time aside for yourself indirectly. Therefore creating a safe space where no-one can bother you. This is of course, when you’re like me and you kick everyone else out of the kitchen.
- Baking is relaxing: When have you not appreciated the scent of fresh baked cookies in your living space? Really.
- Baking is satisfying: Cookie dough? Check. Actual cookies? Check. Let’s be real, sometimes you need to eat your feelings.
- Baking is motivational: You can’t just sit and wallow in whatever you’re stressed about when you’re baking. You have 10 minute intervals to sit and contemplate life, the world and everything. (the answer will always be 42 - props if you get this reference)
- Baking is satisfying (pt 2): For me, my coworkers adore it when I’m stressed. Not in the “haha, Rhiannon’s life is hard right now” kind of sense, but more the “sweet, I got unexpected breakfast AND dessert in the same day.”
- Baking is deceiving: I think I’m an anomaly. I don’t really watch TV, I play video games (when I’m not baking/working) and I’m not a huge fan of cooking. Last night, I made macaroni and cheese, strawberry muffins and monster cookies. Tonight I made my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. It makes people think that I’m on speed, because no one else can “find the time to bake.” It’s really that I don’t really have a lot of hobbies. There, now you know.
- Baking is productive: Baking gives you the ability to not only scientifically and mathematically massage your brain, but see a finished product. Hopefully you remembered to put both cups of flour in (speaking from experience here).
- Baking is exercise: Okay, so maybe I’m a little biased here, but for me, I try really hard not to use my mixer when I don’t have to, and I remember even as a kid, when you get a good cookie dough going, it gets tough to mix after a while. Reaching for ingredients? Or the fact that you’re probably standing while you’re mixing all these ingredients. Point being: at least you’re not sitting doing nothing. See reason #5.
- Baking is good: This blog has brought me a lot of joy, and whenever I feel like I’m less of a person, or like all the effort I’m putting into the things I’m doing is amounting to nothing, I’ll look to this blog for visible proof that I’ve grown and evolved over the past three years, and my followers here appreciate when I post new recipes for them to hate me for making and not giving to them personally. Sorry guys, you know I’d totally bake for all of you! ;)
Bake it out guys.
After I found out that my brother was arrested again, I baked two batches of cookies and a loaf of cranberry banana bread. Focusing on doing things properly helped me to calm down and not cry (as much/into the dough).
I make bread when I’m anxious. I can attest to all of these
(via ruthlesswoodcarver)Source: bakerhi
7-11 bring your own cup day (:
if these girls were fat, people would be up in arms about the “obesity epidemic” and how unhealthy they are
let a black person do this. It would have been “ghetto” and “ratchet” and “lol niggers and they chicken”
reblogged for the commentary
My first thought when I saw this was, “Yeah, but if they were fat, people would be throwing a fit.”
A troll on Facebook said the reason these women can eat literal buckets of sugar and stay skinny is because they “burn it off.” The sheer extent of the fiction around body weight and food is mind-boggling sometimes.
Awww look you taking offense to people having fun! *Pinches your cheeks* Who’s mah fake-oppresed wittle baby!!!!you are! Yes you are!
You’re not oppressed and thinking that you are based on your weight is an insult to REALLY opressed people. Y’all aint got shit on child slaves, sex prisoners, political prisoners, ACTUAL VICTIMS and no, your doctor suggesting you lose weight ain’t oppression, he/she is following the Hippocratic Oath! DO NO (fucking) HARM!
Except this isn’t about doctors, this is about non-medical professionals. If this were a photo of me with my body shape (which fyi I’m actually the statistical average of America), people would be bitching about how unhealthy this is and not congratulating me on sticking it to the man.
Also, the “other people have it worse” argument is so overused.Source: theycallmewettdoggy
you adorable little shit
im so sorry but the way the gif loops it just looks like there’s an infinite number of chekovs oh my god
We are infinite, Keptin
at that moment i swear we could do zat
(via chineseviking)Source: forevercryingbecausemerlin
Day 15: Favorite monster (Undead)
Day 16: Favorite monster (Aberration)
Day 17: Favorite monster (Animal/Vermin)
Day 18: Favorite monster (Immortal/Outsider)
Day 19: Favorite monster (Elemental/Plant)
Day 20: Favorite monster (Humanoid/Natural/Fey)
You have got to be shitting me.
Fine, alright. But I’m going to come back and edit this over the next few days. If you don’t want to know my favorite monsters and shit, I’ll post day 21 on either Sunday or Monday.
15: I’m going to go with the obvious and say Zombie. The 3.5 campaign was us against necromancers and other undead bullshit and at one point we had a small army of our own zombies (until Sworn Sister Isabel Foster made us destroy them). In addition, I’m partial to zombies because of Humans versus Zombies, but that’s not really D&D related.